Learn about our Site Council
Harmon Elementary Site Council embraces the mission and vision statements of the J.O. Combs Unified School District and embraces the mission, core philosophies, vision, academic responsibilities, values, and pledge of Harmon Elementary School.
In order to promote and facilitate these statements, members will work to
- Enhance the four core philosophies of the school.
- Promote strong ties between school, home, community, and business.
- Provide opportunities for staff regarding the structure and improvement of instructional programs.
- Respect and accept individual uniqueness and cultural diversity through the development of a professional learning community (PLC).
- Foster an environment that is emotionally, physically, and mentally safe.
The duties of the Harmon Elementary School Site Council shall include, but are not limited to
- Improvement of the school’s instructional program
- Development of action plan/goals to improve the professional growth of the school’s staff
- Coordination of other programs at the school
- Communication of various aspects of the school to the school community
- Review policies that exist within the school and make recommendations, revisions, additions as needed